Feathers, flowers, small elegant hats, and tiaras are just a few of the many pieces available to help adorn your hair and add interest to any outfit. However, it isn’t always an easy task choosing the perfect headwear to help complete an amazing outfit. Listed below are 12 tips that will ensure that you get it right every time! Don’t let the fear of making a mistake with your headwear discourage you from stunning the crowd with the perfect head piece.
· Maintaining a balance in the outfit. One of the first things to consider when choosing a headpiece is the balance of the outfit. If you are wearing an overly busy pattern and large jewelry, then it may not be necessary to wear a large headpiece. During these times, it may be better to opt for a stylish feather or jeweled piece for your hair rather that a head piece that has tons of accessories or shine to it.
· Consider what’s in style.Current trends of 2012 call for feathers. The more feathers the headpiece has on it, the more on trend it will be. When choosing a headpiece for your outfit, be sure to think about what is in style. Feathers are what is “in” now but probably won’t be next year. Realize that trends change from year to year, even in headpieces.
· Choose based on color. You want your headpiece to match, right? Yes! You don’t want it to stand out like a sore thumb and draw unwanted attention to you. Attention is a good thing but negative attention is not! Choose a headpiece that matches your outfit perfectly.
· If it is too heavy, people will be able to tell. Overly large headpieces tend to be heavy. Be sure that you try it on in the store before you make the purchase. Comfort should always be a top priority. If it is too heavy and uncomfortable, it will look just as bad on you as it feels.
· Mini hats are the trend. Mini hats are available in any style and color. They work to complement and evening dress or are perfect to celebrate a night out on the town. Mini hats work more as a headpiece than a actual hat. You may have to clip or tie them into your hair.
· Headpieces are just as important as shoes. The famous star Nichole Ritchie recently made the statement that “Everyone should wear head pieces.” Just as you spend time choosing the perfect shoes for your outfit, you should spend time choosing the perfect headpiece.
· You may have to scale back the jewelry. Headpieces can be considered jewelry for your hair. For this reason, you don’t want to go overboard with large jewelry pieces that will make your outfit appear too busy. If you want to wear head piece, ensure that your jewelry flows nicely with it.
· Head pieces for all ages. Women both young and old can wear headpieces. Don’t feel like you are too old to make a statement using the perfect head piece. While the style of the headpiece may change as you age, they will still look great and help you make a statement regardless of how old you may be.
Use the 10 tips listed above to help you make the right statement with your headpieces. What does your headpiece say about you?
Guest post by: Victor